merits of Lisp vs Python

Ken Tilton kentilton at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 18:46:00 EST 2006

Paul Rubin wrote:
> Ken Tilton <kentilton at gmail.com> writes:
>
>>yeah, I think it is. Folks don't vary that much. If every Lisp
>>programmer also reports parens disappearing at about thirty days, any
>>given non-Lispnik can pretty much bet on the same experience.
>

> I think an editing program that balances parens automatically is near
> indispensible for writing Lisp code.

I would say indispensible full stop.

> I can't stand writing Lisp
> without Emacs.

Emacs or an Emacs-like editor (or at least Lisp-ware editor) provided by
the Lisp environment.

ken

--
Algebra: http://www.tilton-technology.com/LispNycAlgebra1.htm

"Well, I've wrestled with reality for thirty-five
years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally
won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd