merits of Lisp vs Python

Christophe chris.cavalaria at free.fr
Wed Dec 13 05:52:46 EST 2006

Pascal Bourguignon a écrit :
> Christophe <chris.cavalaria at free.fr> writes:
>
>> Robert Uhl a écrit :
>>> The argument from popularity is invalid.  French units have overtaken
>>> standard units,
>> Never heard of that French unit thing. Unless you talk about that
>> archaic unit system that was in use before the metric system was
>> created.
>
> Who invented the metric system?

That system is called the metric system, not French units. French units
refer to the archaic system used before the metric system was invented (
at least according to google )

So, let's admit that French Units refer to the metric system. I suppose
then that the so called "standard" units refer to the imperial system.

Saying that the French units are technically worse than standard units
is a troll of very poor quality and a very weak argument.