Why not just show the out-of-range index?

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 02:02:59 EST 2006

Bill Maxwell wrote:
> On Sun, 3 Dec 2006 23:31:56 -0500, Jean-Paul Calderone
> <exarkun at divmod.com> wrote:

>>> Now, that would be rather silly. I would have to familiarize myself
>>> with the code for the Python interpreter, then send a patch to the
>>> maintainers (and hope they notice it in their inboxes), while the
>>> maintainers themselves could probably "fix" the problem in two minutes
>>> flat. No thanks!
>> And I have some laundry that I would like you to do for me.  Let me know
>> when a convenient time for you to pick it up would be.
>>
>> Jean-Paul
>
> Are you saying that you place such low value on feedback from Python
> users that you don't even want them to try and ask questions that might
> help to improve the language?
>
> In other words, if I'm not skilled or knowledgeable enough to improve
> something myself, I shouldn't even mention it?

No one is castigating the OP for bringing up the issue. His suggestion that his
time is worth more than that of anyone else, though, is drawing some ire.
Fortunately, he seems to have backed off this position and seems amenable to
doing something more productive than posting here.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco