python-hosting.com projects: dead?

jpellerin+nose@gmail.com jpellerin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 10:33:03 EST 2006

Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> have you tried mailing webfaction instead of ranting on the usenet?

I did. I didn't get a reply within minutes (indeed not until this
morning), so I posted a public message to try to find out if anyone
knew what was going on -- and also to warn other people whose projects
might have suddenly disappeared.

As of this morning my project is back online, so my thanks to python
hosting/webfaction for that. I'm very grateful to them for the great
free service they have provided. I'm sorry that they are getting killed
with spam, but I'm also sorry that they chose to handle the problem in
the way that they did. I had no way of knowing when I'd have access to
my svn repository and tickets again. I'm sure you can understand why I
was dismayed by this and why, unfortunately, I'll never be comfortable
trusting my data to them again.

JP