Shed Skin 0.0.15

Mark Dufour mark.dufour at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 06:25:39 EST 2006

Hi all,

After getting bogged down with work for a few months, I'm finally back
to Shed Skin development. I have just released 0.0.15, with the
following changes:

-python2.5 support/compatibility
-any, all, conditional expression support
-moved libs to 'lib' dir; made it easier to add modules (see README)
-os.stat, os.path.{split, splitext, isfile, isdir, islink, exists}
compiled from PyPy source
-os.{chdir, rename, stat, lstat} added
-fnmatch module added
-random.{sample, seed} added
-several important bugfixes (e.g. except getopt.GetoptError)

There's more information about this release and the current state of
Shed Skin on my blog:

http://shed-skin.blogspot.com/

I also started a page on Wikipedia. Maybe a text like this should
replace the one on the Shed Skin website:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shed_Skin

Projects for the near future are getting 'shuffle-db' working (a
600-line program to rebuild the database on an ipod shuffle; see my
blog), and converting the 're' module from the PyPy implementation to
C++ using Shed Skin.

Please try out the new release, and let me know about any
problems/wishes/successes. As always, I am very happy with minimized
pieces of code that fail to compile or should produce a (better) error
or warning message.

http://mark.dufour.googlepages.com

Mark.
--
"One of my most productive days was throwing away 1000 lines of code"
- Ken Thompson