xml bug?

Imbaud Pierre pierre at saiph.com
Sat Dec 30 17:32:07 EST 2006

Martin v. Löwis a écrit :
> Imbaud Pierre schrieb:
>
>>- how do I spot the version of a given library? There is a __version__
>>  attribute of the module, is that it?
>

> Contrary to what others have said: for modules included in the standard
> library (and if using these modules, rather than using PyXML), you
> should use sys.version_info to identify a version.
>

>>- How do I access to a given library buglist? Maybe this one is known,
>>  about to be fixed, it would then be useless to report it.
>

> Others have already pointed you to SF.
>

>>- How do I report bugs, on a standard lib?
>

> Likewise.
>

>>- I tried to copy the lib somewhere, put it BEFORE the official lib in
>>  "the path" (that is:sys.path), the stack shown by the traceback
>>  still shows the original files being used. Is there a special
>>  mechanism bypassing the sys.path search, for standard libs? (I may
>>  be wrong on this, it seems hard to believe...)
>

> Which lib? "minidom.py"? Well, you are likely importing
> "xml.dom.minidom", not "minidom". So adding another minidom.py
> to a directory in sys.path won't help.
>
> Regards,
> Martin
I did import xml!
Maybe my mistake came from copying the whole tree from the standard
lib: comprising .pyc, .pyo... maybe the .pyc contained references to
previous sources?
Got rid of these, did reload ALL the modules, then exited/re-entered
the interpreter (ipython, btw...), and it eventually accessed the new
modules...

Btw, I pushed debugging further, the bug seem to stem from C code,
hence nothing easy to fix... Ill indeed submit a bug.
Thanks for your help! I obviously screamed for help before being
helpless, apologies...