time.sleep(1) sometimes runs for 200 seconds under windows

Paul Probert pprobert at wisc.edu
Thu Feb 23 16:56:09 EST 2006

Claudio Grondi wrote:

>In similar situation I would start to blame the hardware for the
>problem, so below a kind of checklist to go through:
>
>   1. have you changed any hardware?
>   2. have you installed new drivers?
>   3. have you connected via USB/Firewire/IDE or other interfaces/ports
>etc. some new devices?
>   4. have you installed new BIOS?
>   5. is your RAM ok?
>   6. are you sure there is no CD/DVD in your CD/DVD drive?
>   7. are you sure there is no floppy disk in your floppy drive?
>   8. are you sure your CPU/motherboard/RAM is not overheating?
>
>Claudio

Claudio,
  Thanks for the reply. I should have mentioned, this happens to just
about every machine in our collection of about 20 machines. Each is of a
different age, and the hardware is completely diverse. Each has either
of NT4, win2k, or XP installed. They all belong to our domain

Paul Probert
University of Wisconsin