Starting terminal applications from within python

Jorgen Grahn grahn+nntp at snipabacken.dyndns.org
Sat Feb 4 05:59:48 EST 2006

On 2 Feb 2006 09:41:20 -0800, sleepylight <sleepylight at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ah!  I see now.  That makes prefect sense.  I guess I was thinking that
> python was simply going to pass a whole command string to the program
> rather than give each argument as individual strings.  Seeing this
> makes the documentation seem much more sensible.  Thank you!

[offtopic]

You might also want to look into using the screen(1) utility. I have found
that doing "screen foo" (from within a screen session) is often a superior
way to achieve the things people often use "xterm -e foo" for. Especially if
they have scripts pop up lots of applications in separate terminals.

/Jorgen

--
  // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@        Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
\X/     snipabacken.dyndns.org>  R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!