Embedding an Application in a Web browser

DH no at spam.com
Tue Feb 14 21:21:45 EST 2006

bruno at modulix wrote:
> rodmc wrote:
>> Is it possible to embed a Python application within Internet explorer?
>
> No. Nor in any other browser (except from Grail, but I think this
> doesn't count).

You can if you use IronPython.  Of course it will only work with
Internet Explorer on windows.
Java and JVM languages are of course much better for applets: jython,
groovy, jruby, etc.  I don't know if jython or jruby applets are
actually possible however since it is interpreted.

>> However if someone clicks
>> on a shape it should open up another application, such as Word.
>
> Lol. This would be a really big bad security issue.

Look up Microsoft's smart client api.  It is their answer to java web start.