learning python, using string help

Tom Anderson twic at urchin.earth.li
Fri Feb 3 11:13:01 EST 2006

On Fri, 2 Feb 2006, mikeisgreat at gmail.com wrote:

> silly newbie mistake
>
> your code runs fine on my openbsd box. ( I didnt uncomment the return
> map(...) line

My apologies - i should have made it clearer in the comment that it was
hardwired to return example data!

> thanks for the awesome example!

I'm not sure how awesome it is - it's pretty simple, and probably has lots
of bugs. Is the BSD ruptime output format the same as on HP-UX? I have a
Mac myself, but no local machines broadcasting rwho data, so i don't get
any output to play with when i run ruptime!

tom

--
hip  whizzo  teddy bear  egghead  realpolitik  tiddly-om-pom-pom
sacred cow  gene  blues  celeb  cheerio  civvy street  U-boat  tailspin
ceasefire  ad-lib  demob  pop  wizard  hem-line  lumpenproletariat  avant
garde  kitsch  sudden death  Big Apple  sex  drive-in  Mickey Mouse  bagel
dumb down  pesticide  racism  spliff  dunk  cheeseburger  Blitzkrieg
Molotov cocktail  snafu  buzz  pissed off  DNA  mobile phone  megabucks
Wonderbra  cool  Big Brother  brainwashing  fast food  Generation X
hippy  non-U  boogie  sexy  psychedelic  beatnik  cruise missile  cyborg
awesome  bossa nova  peacenik  byte  miniskirt  acid  love-in  It-girl
microchip  hypermarket  green  Watergate  F-word  punk  detox  Trekkie
naff all  trainers  karaoke  power dressing  toy-boy  hip-hop  beatbox
double-click  OK yah  mobile  virtual reality  gangsta  latte  applet
hot-desking  URL  have it large  Botox  kitten heels  ghetto fabulous
dot-commer  text message  google  bling bling  9/11  axis of evil  sex
up  chav