general coding issues - coding style...

calmar mac at calmar.ws
Sun Feb 19 07:24:42 EST 2006

On 2006-02-18, plahey at alumni.caltech.edu <plahey at alumni.caltech.edu> wrote:

Hi,

> 1585 if sys.path[0][-12:] == "\library.zip":  #for py2exe
> if sys.path[0].endswith( "\\library.zip" ):

cool, thx,

> (did you really mean one back-slash there?)

(yeah, one backslash)

> 499     tuple = os.path.split(filename)
> bad variable name... tuple(x) converts a sequence to a tuple.

I see, I changed that to
path, filen = os.path.split(filename)

> You have a number of places where you check for len(x)==0:
> 674     if len(files) == 0:
> --> if not files:

I see. thx

> you should run your code through pychecker (it had a lot to say...).

I see, cool tool that pychecker!
I can't do something against the 'not used variable' so probably?
(since pygtk just sends those items anyway)

> You use global alot... that should be a red flag.  Like the poster
> above mentioned,  you have things that are telling you they want to
> be objects.

I will try to get some order (classes) and maybe remove them.

thanks a lot!!

cheers,
calmar

--
  calmar

          (o_  It rocks: LINUX + Command-Line-Interface
          //\
          V_/_                     http://www.calmar.ws