New Python.org website ?

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 19:41:27 EST 2006

Tim Chase wrote:

>> http://beta.python.org
>
> In both Mozilla-suite (1.7) and FireFox (1.5), the links on the
> left (the grey-backgrounded all-caps with the ">>" at the right)
> all intrude into the body text.  They're all the same length:

Just as an FYI, I see the same problem under Linux, using Firefox 1.0.7 and
Konqueror 3.5.  Galeon 2.0.0 renders it correctly.

I am using a 1920x1200 screen, so if there is any hard pixel-based design in
a website, I'm likely to see it garbled into a mess (though the regular
'old' python.org renders just fine on all the browsers I have installed).

Kudos to those doing the work, I just hope these problems are ironed out
before going live.

Cheers,