beta.python.org content

Terry Hancock hancock at anansispaceworks.com
Fri Jan 27 19:11:59 EST 2006

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 13:44:19 -0800
Scott David Daniels <scott.daniels at acm.org> wrote:
> Paragraph 3 in "Why Python":
>    Some people uppose because Python ...
> I'd prefer the word "suppose."
> and later in that paragraph, I'd change:
>      ... extensions that provide compact numerical
>      solutions
> to:
>      ... extensions that provide compact high-speed
>      numerical solutions

And while we're at it, let's say "Python is a language for
programming high-speed, digital, electronic computers. Do
you have any experience with high-speed, digital, electronic
computers?"

:-D

For those who are too young, or weren't film students, the
answer is "Yes, my aunt has one".

Ironically, this is now funny for exactly the opposite
reason from the way it was intended!