Programming Eclipse plugins in Jython?

Kenneth McDonald kenneth.m.mcdonald at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 11 15:05:35 EST 2006

Is it easy or difficult to implement Eclipse plugins in Jython? And
if the former, are there any starter's guides you could recommend?

The desire is an editor plugin for a syntactically very simple
proprietary language. I'd like to have paren checking, syntax
colorization and (to start with at least) a few other small features.
Unfortunately, there's quite a hump in learning the Eclipse API well
enough to do even simple things (or at least that's what my reading
seems to indicate), and I was wondering if I can cheat and use Jython
to simplify the process.

Thanks,
Ken