- E04 - Leadership! Google, Guido van Rossum, PSF

Dave Hansen iddw at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 12 11:18:29 EST 2006

On 11 Jan 2006 21:30:11 -0800 in comp.lang.python,
aahz at pythoncraft.com (Aahz) wrote:

[..]

>Side note: I don't have a degree, and I interviewed at Google several
>years ago.  I'm about 97% certain that my lack of degree played little
>role (if any) in my failure to get a job offer.

Side note: I have a couple degrees, and I sent in solutions to those
"tests" Google published in Dr. Dobbs a year or so back, but I never
heard back from them.

Not that I expected to.  I just did it for fun.  I'm not sure what
Google would do with someone whose entire work experience has been
developing C code for small embedded controllers anyway.  I use Python
mostly to write small utility scripts for myself.

And, FWIW, I don't think I could convince my wife (or myself) to move
to CullyFORNya for any amount of money, whether there was a massage
therapist on duty or not...

Regards,
                                        -=Dave

--