Efficient Find and Replace

Fri Jan 27 20:29:26 EST 2006

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 16:49:24 -0800, David Hirschfield wrote:

> You aren't getting too many helpful responses.

Surely pointing out the poster's incorrect assumptions is helpful?

If I said, "I want to add two integers together, but Python's + only does
string concatenation, so I wrote this function to add two ints using bit
manipulation. How do I make it go faster?" would it be better to optimize
the bit manipulation code, or to just tell me that + also does integer
addition?

--
Steven.