zipfile and file permissions

Pete Forman pete.forman at westerngeco.com
Mon Jan 23 07:49:36 EST 2006

Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> writes:

 > Pete Forman wrote:
>> I'm trying to move the building of a zip file from a shell script into
>> python.  It is mostly working but when I unzip the files the UNIX
>> permissions are not preserved.  The zip program I've been using is the
>> standard(?) one on Linux, from Info-Zip.  Presumably I need to do
>> something with external_attr in ZipInfo, any pointers?
>
 > C.f.: http://mail.python.org/pipermail/pythonmac-sig/2005-March/013491.html

Thanks.  I've put a work around in my code to set create_system.  I've
also made a patch for zipfile.py which I'm trying to submit to
sourceforge.  No luck so far, I'll try again later.  Recently I
submitted a patch to the python-mode project, so I think I'm following
the correct procedure.
--
Pete Forman                -./\.-  Disclaimer: This post is originated
WesternGeco                  -./\.-   by myself and does not represent