- E04 - Leadership! Google, Guido van Rossum, PSF

Alex Martelli aleax at mail.comcast.net
Sat Jan 7 13:18:12 EST 2006

Anton Vredegoor <anton.vredegoor at gmail.com> wrote:

> However I still maintain that I was never able to meet these fine
> people you speak about and which you seem to know because the cost
> involved (a few hundred euro to visit pycon for example) was too high
> compared to my food budget.

Europython is cheap to attend, and has been held twice in Charleroi,
Belgium, for example -- if you're in the Netherlands, you could have
bycicled there, crashed with somebody (I've seen lots of impecunious
people offered hospitality that way), and not spent more on food than
you would by staying in the Netherlands.  You'll have to invent some
better excuse, to explain why you chose not to attend it.

Alex