ANN: PyVISA 1.0 -- GPIB, USB, RS232 instrument control

Torsten Bronger bronger at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Jan 24 08:48:58 EST 2006

Hallöchen!

At http://pyvisa.sourceforge.net you can find information about the
PyVISA package.  It realises Python bindings for the VISA library
functions, which enables you to control GPIB, USB, and RS232-serial
measurement devices via Python.

Today I released version 1.0.  If you have v0.9.7 of last september
already, you needn't download it because it contains only minor
improvements in the documentation.  However, since I've received a
couple of positive reports about successful use of PyVISA (and no
negatives), I finally dare to jump to 1.0 and declare it stable.

Tschö,
Torsten.

F'up to comp.lang.python
--
Torsten Bronger, aquisgrana, europa vetus            ICQ 264-296-646