Microsoft IronPython?

Kay Schluehr kay.schluehr at gmx.net
Fri Jan 6 05:44:02 EST 2006

Max M wrote:

> First of they would need to make Python a strategic platform for
> corporations, so that it was used practically everywhere on Windows.
>
> Then it would have the powerbase to change the lanuage and make an
> incompatible version that they could control.
>
> As far as I can see C## has that role for them. So I don't see how
> Python should be in any danger.

If Python would create a Py3EE spec and make it an industry standard,
provide a reference implementation and attract bluechips like
Accenture, Bearing Point, Cap Gemini and IBM, Microsoft would be on the
stage in order to "improve" it. Currently Python is still a cute little
language, with plenty of bindings but few interesting products, that
keeps attention among nerds and some consultants, but nothing more.
Java, C++, C# and VB are playing in an own league.