CGI errror in (only in) IIS 6.0 server 2003

David Wahler dwahler at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 07:55:04 EST 2006

nonamehkg at hotmail.com wrote:
> Hi, I've been using ActivePython 2.3 (cgi) on IIS on win xp, 2000 and
> they work fine.
> Until I upgrade the system the server 2003. The ASP script engine is ok
> but not the CGIs.
>
> I got these errors:
>
> HTTP Error 403.1 - Forbidden: Execute access is denied.
>
> I already have execute access on the directory.
>
> Can anyone help me?

This is an IIS configuration issue, and has nothing to do with Python.
You will probably get much better responses if you post it in a more
appropriate group -- a quick search of Google Groups turns up
microsoft.public.inetserver.iis and
comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.networking, to get you started.

Hope this helps,

-- David