Listing partitions (on win32)

Tim Golden tjgolden at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 05:01:00 EST 2006

bonono at gmail.com wrote:
> Tim Golden wrote:
> > Claude Henchoz wrote:
> >
> > > Is there any way of listing partitions on a (win32) computer without
> > > using WMI?
> >
> > Not that this answers your question, but why _don't_ you
> > want to use WMI?
> >
> > TJG

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in -toplevel-
>     import wmi
> ImportError: No module named wmi

It's quite possible to do WMI in Python without using
the wmi module -- all the module does is to hide some
slightly messy plumbing. But the OP doesn't suggest
that he's unwilling to install anything, merely to *use*
WMI. (Unless you _are_ the OP under a different alias).

Just to make it plain: it's no skin off my nose at all. I
don't get offended because someone doesn't want to
use WMI. I'm merely curious as to whether it was
because the wmi module was too hard, or whether
the machines were Win9x or NT, where you have to
go out of your way to install WMI, or whether there
was some other reason.

Tim