- E04 - Leadership! Google, Guido van Rossum, PSF

Alex Martelli aleax at mail.comcast.net
Wed Jan 11 00:19:39 EST 2006

Anton Vredegoor <anton.vredegoor at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On the bureaucratic side: Alex, we *have* a procedure at this point, and
> > we have been trying to contact you several time in the past months -- with
> > no success as far as I know, so I'll try via comp.lang.python this time
> > :-)  If you still feel like seeing your money back in exchange for some
> > papers to fill and sign, please show up...
>
> Maybe Mr Martelli will ease his conscience (it's hard to see how it
> would not bother him to refuse to pick up checks while his opponents
> barely have enough to feed themselves) by donating the money to me, so
> that I might increase my efforts to squelch any remaining trace of
> elitism at google.

Don't hold your breath -- I can think of at least a thousand worthy
charities (not to even mention individuals) I'd donate to, before giving
you one eurocent, if I had money burning holes in my pockets.  The evil,
perverted way in which you distort pypy's inexplicable difficulties in
contacting me (when I've exchanged mails on a different subject, less
than a month ago, with the CEO of one of the consortium's companies)
into me "refusing to pick up checks", would be funny if it weren't just
too pathetic.

Alex