Microsoft IronPython?

Luis M. González luismgz at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 15:53:57 EST 2006

> Oh, yeah, that's undoubtedly true. What I was referring to were things
> such as using [] for generic, that doesn't exist in current CPython
> does it?

I'm not en expert on the subject, but I guess that any language
implementation running on .Net should be able to at least "understand"
generics or any other feature available on this framework, because
languages are supposed to interact and use all kinds of classes and
assemblies regardless of the language they were written in.
As for using generics, I think this is not very important in python, I
guess, because it is dyamic and you don't declare types.
So writing x =List[str](), for example, doesn't buy you anything.
You're better off using a regular list: x = [].

Someone more knowledgeable please kindly correct me...

Luis