New Python.org website ?

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Wed Jan 11 11:13:50 EST 2006

Stefan Rank <stefan.rank at ofai.at> writes:

> on 11.01.2006 11:44 Steve Holden said the following:
>> http://beta.python.org
> Very nice!
> Just wanted to note that the content area and the menu area overlap
> (leaving some content unreadable)
> in Opera 8.51 / WinXP

Ditto for Opera 8.51 / OSX, and for Safari.

It's a problem with not handling users who need large fonts. I
recreated it in Mozilla by changing the minimum font size setting from
"None" to "20" (just a value I chose at random). I use Opera and
Safari on a day-to-day basis, and probably configured them
appropriately for my aging eyes.

Of course, this is typical on the web: "Works in IE" really means
"works in IE in the configurations we tested it for", and usually
means "works in our favorite configuration".

In particular, creating a good-looking design that remains readable in
all possible browser configurations is impossible. Getting one that is
readable in all reasonable browser configurations is hard, unless you
make your definition of "reasonable" very narrow.

     <mike