Using non-ascii symbols

Rocco Moretti roccomoretti at hotpop.com
Tue Jan 24 11:44:51 EST 2006

Robert Kern wrote:
> Rocco Moretti wrote:

>>Posting code to newsgroups might get harder too. :-)
>

> His post made it through fine. Your newsreader messed it up.

I'm not exactally sure what happened - I can see the three charachters
just fine in your (Robert's) and the original (Christoph's) post. In
Giovanni's post, they're rendered as question marks.

My point still stands: _somewere_ along the way the rendering got messed
up for _some_ people - something that wouldn't have happened with the
<=, >= and != digraphs.

(FWIW, my newsreader is Thunderbird 1.0.6.)