Using non-ascii symbols

Terry Hancock hancock at anansispaceworks.com
Sun Jan 29 21:32:20 EST 2006

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 23:57:16 -0600
Runsun Pan <python.pan at gmail.com> wrote:
> But ... to my knowledge, all of the input tablets that
> using OCR has a training feature. You can teach the
> program to recognize your own order of strokes. The
> ability to train (be trained) is a very key element of
> such an input device.

Yeah, but I would think that would be a real drawback when
there's something like 2000 to 10,000 characters to train
on!  I think you'd need some kind of short cut (maybe you
could share radical information between characters?).

But I guess I assumed this would already be a solved problem
by now.  Maybe it was a lot harder than expected.