Python vs C for a mail server

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Sat Jan 28 15:42:33 EST 2006

On 2006-01-28, Steven D'Aprano <steve at REMOVETHIScyber.com.au> wrote:

>> I am a novice in python.I have to implement a full fledged mail server
>
> Because that's just what the world needs, yet another mail server.

:)

> C can be faster.

And "can be" is the key.  It's easy to write slow programs in C
if you don't choose the right algorithms and architecture.

>> which language will be easier?
>
> Python is easier to read, and write, and debug, and you will
> have fewer hard-to-debug memory issues.

And you'll have fewer security issues with Python since you
don't have to worry about buffer and stack exploits.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  There's enough money
                                  at               here to buy 5000 cans of