Python module for LX200 telescope command set

RayS rays at blue-cove.com
Mon Jan 30 12:05:26 EST 2006

Hello Neil,

Thank you for the extended response! All of your suggestions are
reasonable, at the least.
The only misgiving I had with breaking up into multiple classes is
that the scope itself maintains state variables (it runs a Motorola
processor etc) - so you can pick an object from the library, then
other scope driving commands can use that "current" selection. I
would then be required to have a similar state saving that works with
all classes. I'll think about that some more...

The serial port error checking is an important part that needs extending.

Thanks again,
Ray