Converting TIFF files to PDF and/or JPEG

Paul Rubin http
Tue Jan 17 17:46:49 EST 2006

"sophie_newbie" <paulgeeleher at gmail.com> writes:
> It looks like this odd compression format is not supported, or am i
> wrong?
>
> I know its a long shot but would anyone have a different solution?

I don't know about doing it directly in Python but there's a Linux
command line utility called tiff2ps (and now tiff2pdf) that I've done
that with.

At one point I was doing a lot of these conversions and I remember
writing a Python script around the command line utility to take care
of finding the files to convert, generating the right filenames, and
so forth.  It was no big deal.