Convert a long XML string into indented format

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Thu Jan 26 08:54:21 EST 2006

Jim wrote:

> You want to pretty print.  Have a look at
>   http://www.boddie.org.uk/python/XML_intro.html
> for example.
>
> Thank you to Paul, I've found that page useful,

Let me know if there's anything else that you think it should cover!
After updating the HTML parsing page and rediscovering some things (I'd
forgotten that PyXML supported HTML parsing, for example), it could
well be the case that the XML introduction needs some modernising, too.
Still, both documents are like reminders of forgotten Python library
functionality. ;-)

Paul