Codec Search Function

James Stroud jstroud at ucla.edu
Tue Jan 24 20:37:18 EST 2006

Hello All,

I'm using pyinstaller 1.0 (stable) on win32xp and it is not able to find
the codec for several encodings (hex, base64, etc.). I resorted to
writing my own for hex, just to see if I could get my program deployed.
But I think a more permanent solution would be to get pyinstaller
working right.

I tried the latest release (unstable version), claiming that it solved
the problem, but it had problems finding a search function:

LookupError: no codec search functions registered: can't find encoding

I looked at the documentation for codecs.register, and it was really not
clear exactly how I was to create the search function that needs
registering. Any help would be appreciated.

James