templates

Christoph Zwerschke cito at online.de
Tue Jan 31 03:26:34 EST 2006

thakadu schrieb:
> I have used PyMeld (http://www.entrian.com/PyMeld/) which is one of
> very few that gives a 100% separation of code and presentation, in fact
> PyMeld is not strictly speaking a template system at all.

Yes, it is more like XIST that I mentioned in another post.
The reason why this is slower than native templates seems clear: You
convert the whole page to objects in memory, and then serialize
everything back to HTML. If you are only filling in a few words, then
native templates will be surely much more effective. But if you are
messing around with the structure of your page, inserting and adding
elements, then PyMeld will be probably a better way.

Here are two wiki pages listing template engines:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/WebProgramming
http://pythonwiki.pocoo.org/Template_Engines (German)

-- Christoph