Calling GPL code from a Python application

Björn Lindström bkhl at stp.lingfil.uu.se
Tue Jan 3 21:52:12 EST 2006

Tim Churches <tchur at optushome.com.au> writes:

> Which section(s) of the GPL say(s) that, exactly? I mean, where is
> dynamic linking mentioned, or even implied? I can see where it says
> "derived from", but not where it says "dependent on at run-time".

It's in the interpretation of the term "derived from". The FSF
standpoint is that if you link to a library, you are creating a
derivative of that library, in the shape of the whole process.

--
Björn Lindström <bkhl at stp.lingfil.uu.se>
Student of computational linguistics, Uppsala University, Sweden