Python vs C for a mail server

Dan Lowe dan at tangledhelix.com
Sun Jan 29 02:50:01 EST 2006

On Jan 28, 2006, at 8:39 PM, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:

> On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 18:03:56 +1100, Steven D'Aprano said:
>>
>> Google is your friend. The first four mail servers listed are, in
>> order:
>>
>> sendmail
>> postfix
>> Microsoft Exchange
>> qmail
>>
> 	Dig a bit deeper, and exim might be a candidate for the list. I'm
> pretty sure O'Reilly has books for sendmail, postfix, and exim; don't
> know about qmail.

O'Reilly does have an Exim book, but it is out of date. It covers the
3.x family, while 4.x has been out for quite a while now. The 4.x
family is very different from 3.x, so the book isn't worth a whole
lot these days.

I'm on my second major mail system deployment built around Exim, and
would recommend it to anybody needing a robust, flexible mail server.

  -dan

--
Well sure the government lies, and the press lies, but in a democracy
they aren't the same lies.            -Alexis A. Gilliland