Ann: Tkinter drag and drop module

tim timvets at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 07:27:04 EST 2006

>The module can be used with both standard Tkinter and Tix, and makes it
>quite easy to e.g. drop a bunch of files from a file manager onto any
>Tkinter widget.
>It comes with a basic reference manual and a small demo app.
>It can be found at
><http://www.8ung.at/klappnase/TkinterDnD/TkinterDnD.html>.
>
>Any feedback is much appreciated.
>
>Best regards
>
>Michael

Hi Michael and list,

I tried to run dnddemo.py (win XP, Python2.4).

but get:

  File "C:\Documents and
Settings\Tim\Bureaublad\installes_pc_mac\programming\python\TkinterDnD-0.4\TkinterDnD\TkinterDnD.py",
line 333, in _require
    tkdndver = tkroot.tk.call('package', 'require', 'tkdnd')
TclError: can't find package tkdnd

Probably something went wrong installing tkdnd.
I got the libtkdnd10.dll from
http://mirror.optusnet.com.au/sourceforge/t/tk/tkdnd/ but am not so sure
where to put it.
The installation section on
http://www.iit.demokritos.gr/~petasis/Tcl/tkDND/tkDND.html

'If your platform is *Microsoft Windows*, then allong with the
distribution there is a stubs enabled dynamic library (dll) that was
built against tk8.4a1, with the use of VC++ 5.0. If you cannot use the
provided binary, then you can always create the required library by
using the VC++ project files located in the "win" directory of the tkDND
distribution. In all other cases, you should create the library only
from the files located in the directories "win" (*.cpp *.h) and
"generic" (*.c *.h). You will need a C++ compiler for this.'

wasn't very helpful for me.

Maybe someone can give me a simple howto for installing this?

thank you,
Tim