Tkinter listener thread?

gregarican greg.kujawa at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 10:59:36 EST 2006

Eric Brunel wrote:

> There's in fact no need to check regularly if there's something in the
> Queue: the secondary thread can post a tk custom event to trigger the
> treatment automatically from within the main GUI loop. See here:
> http://minilien.fr/a0k273

Appreciate the suggestion. This further helps simplify things. So far
so good getting the UDP listener to work well within Tkinter. This
listener takes an incoming CTI screen pop of the caller ID and queries
it against a CRM database to bring up the appropriate contact record if
applicable. One of these days I need to port the CTI library over from
Ruby into Python so I don't have to rely on a UDP socket connection and
can just pass the data natively within Python. But this is a workaround
until that day comes.

Thanks again. I am very impressed with the Python community in terms of
knowledge and helpfulness. It's made matters a lot easier for this
particular Python newbie...