Pythonic wrappers for SQL?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Sat Jan 14 14:02:21 EST 2006

Kenneth McDonald wrote:
> I need to do some data manipulation, and SQLite is a nice little
> product for it, except of course that I'd need to write SQL. Are
> there any good libraries out there that let one write (basic) queries
> in a Pythonic syntax, rather than directly in SQL?

SQLObject is a very popuar object-relational mapper that works with a
range of databases including SQLite.

But SQL isn't actually that complicated to someone who's already learned
Python! I maintain this page for students on the classes I teach, and it
has some useful pointers:

   http://www.holdenweb.com/students/database.html

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119