Have you any idea how to make window transparent using pygame?

Terry Hancock hancock at anansispaceworks.com
Mon Jan 30 13:15:03 EST 2006

On 30 Jan 2006 08:52:04 -0800
"kishkin" <kishkin at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just want to make window transparent. ;) At this moment
> I've found only ideas of taking screenshots to make
> background... Anything else?

You are looking for "alpha" surfaces.  In a full RGBA
surface, the "A" or "alpha" represents the degree of
transparency of the surface for each pixel.  There is also
such a thing as a per-surface alpha, etc.

The documentation can be had from the PyGame website at
http://www.pygame.org. You will also find a link to a
PyGame-specific mailing list, which is really the best place
to ask about this sort of thing.