Where to report Python bug?

puff rbell01824 at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 10 15:23:48 EST 2006

I'm very new to Python and have encountered what appears to be a bug
when using com automation of IE with events.  I get exception messages
that look like this:

pythoncom error: Python error invoking COM method.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\win32com\server\policy.py", line
285, in _Invoke_
    return self._invoke_(dispid, lcid, wFlags, args)
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\win32com\server\policy.py", line
290, in _invoke_
    return S_OK, -1, self._invokeex_(dispid, lcid, wFlags, args, None,
None)
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\win32com\server\policy.py", line
653, in _invokeex_
    args, kwArgs = self._transform_args_(args, kwArgs, dispid, lcid,
wFlags, serviceProvider)
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\win32com\server\policy.py", line
648, in _transform_args_
    arg = str(arg)
exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character
u'\u2019' in position 15: ordinal not in range(128)

When navigating to certain URLs, for example
http://projects.wri.org/project_content_text.cfm?ContentID=3587.  The
messages come as a consequence of an IE event which is being processed
by the event class object.

Where should this sort of thing be reported?

Thanks for any help.