Any wing2.0 users here?

Claudio Grondi claudio.grondi at freenet.de
Mon Jan 2 04:45:34 EST 2006

Alvin A. Delagon wrote:
> emacs has been my long time companion for php, perl, and python. My boss
> recommended to me Wing2.0, I find it hard to adjust though. What can you
> say about this IDE? He say's if I think it could improve my productivity
> he's willing to buy it for me. Suggestions  for better python IDE's are
> welcome! Thanks in advance! ^_^

There was a thread about Python IDEs lately with reviews of many of
available Python IDE options, so check it out for more details ("Wingide
is a beautiful application" December 17, 2005).

I personally currently encourage everyone to use SPE as you can adjust
it to your own needs and can let others profit from the work you have
done to improve it.

Wing is interesting only in its professional version beeing quite
expensive compared to what you gain with it, but if you can get it 'for
free' I would recommend to use it in parallel to your emacs for the
Python specific features like go to definition (with automated reloading
of file on changes made in the other editor) as long as you are in
process of using the available source code to adapt it to your specific
needs.

Claudio