New Python.org website ?

Walter S. Leipold leipold at ace-net.com
Wed Jan 18 17:58:12 EST 2006

Martin Maney writes:
> From a quick look, the beta appears to commit the same error as every
> design (as opposed to usability) driven web site in the
> world: it makes the running text smaller than the user's default.
> It's as if they care more about how it looks than whether I can read
> it...

The biggest flaw I've noticed is that the site's stylesheet displays
'visited' links the same color as 'unvisited' links, presumably to make the
page look more professional to the PHBs.  Unfortunately, this makes the site
much less usable; see Jakob Nielsen's column at
<http://www.useit.com/alertbox/20040503.html> for an explanation.

-- Walt