ImportError: No module name MySQLdb

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Thu Jan 26 05:04:32 EST 2006

Fred wrote:
> I hope someone can help me with the below problem...
>
> Thanks,
> Fred
>
> My enviroment:
> --------------------------
> Slackware Linux 10.2
> Python 2.4.2
> MySql version 4.1.14
> MySql-Python 1.2.0
>
> What I am trying to do:
> ---------------------------
> Using MySQL, Python, My-Sql-Python module and CGI create a simple
> database that can be accesed with a webpage.
>
> Everything worked great up to this error when trying to load the
> webpage:
> "ImportError: No module name MySQLdb"

I hesitate to offer what seems like a simplistic solution: are the web
browser and the server running on the same computer?

Normally when you install MySQLdb it will install inside the
site-packages directory, and so would be available to scripts whether
they were run from a command line or a web CGI script.

I therefore suspect you need to repeat the installation of MySQLdb on
your server machine.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119