A simpler more pythonic approach to adding in

rh0dium sklass at pointcircle.com
Wed Jan 18 17:38:29 EST 2006

Hi all,

I need a cleaner ( and shorter ) way to to look in my home directory or
any directory for a directory called modules.  This is what I currently
have - but it is really ugly.  Some a few of you experts point me to a
cleaner more pythonic approach?

      mod = 0
        if os.path.exists( os.environ['HOME'] + "/modules"):
            sys.path.insert( 0, os.environ['HOME'] + "/modules")
            mod =1
        else:
            path = os.environ['PWD']
            while path != "/":