Xah's Edu Corner: the bug-reporting attitude

rurpy at yahoo.com rurpy at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 5 18:28:39 EST 2006

"Tim Roberts" <timr at probo.com> wrote in message
news:9uepr1ldqnt523h2hkbqstkdjajf3keq59 at 4ax.com...

> Xah Lee (1) is a write-only poster who pontificates but never reads
> replies, and (2) cares not a whit that the rest of us believe him to be a
> moron.

I find him offensive, and a pontificator as you said, but I
don't think he is a moron.  He has complained about
Python's docs, and that being an interest of mine too,
I visited his website and thought a lot of his criticism's
were spot on.  Unfortunately I didn't think his proposed
solutions were very good but that's not surprising, it
is a lot easier to recognize problems than to fix them.

> In a sense, I envy him.  I hold a number of strong and somewhat
> controversial opinions that I hesitate to expose in public, for fear of
> being laughed at and labeled as a nutcase.  Xah Lee has absolutely no such
> fears.

It is easier to do from an anonymous account, although
some people here have said they ignore posts from
posters without a real identity.  But my opinion is that
c.l.p is not very receptive to unorthodoxy unless you
are a member of the club (in which case you know
better than to be unorthodox).