Try Python update

browerg at verizon.net browerg at verizon.net
Tue Jan 3 22:00:15 EST 2006

I like the form, no matter what its limitations may be. Three notes:

It might be a good way to catch newbi mistakes (those are the kind I
make :P, thereby providing a feedback loop to improved error messages.

I had no trouble with from math import *  followed by print pi, but
there was no >>> prompt after the result appeared .. is that part of
the 'closures' thing mentioned earlier?

Then I followed you "type 'help'" suggestion, which had me in stitches
(sorry, it's been a long day and the Knob Creek was kicking in) -- I
got exactly the message you'd expect, about help not being recognized
and maybe help() would work. That's what triggered the idea for
trapping errors.

Nice work!

George