python-soappy

m.banaouas banaouas.medialog at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jan 11 09:52:23 EST 2006

tooper a écrit :
> On the client side :
>      from SOAPpy import SOAPProxy
>      server= SOAPProxy("http://foo.bar.org:8090")
>      print server.Hello("world")
>
> On the server side :
>      from SOAPpy import SOAPServer
>
>      def Hello(name):
> 	return "Hello "+name+" !"
>
>      server= SOAPServer(("localhost",8080))
>      server.registerFunction(Hello)
>      server.serve_forever()

look at http://diveintopython.org/, Mark Pilgrim
there is a Python book including interesting chapter about SOAP.

While talking about SOAPpy module, I'm facing an authentication problem
with it:

I'm consuming a WebServices server requiring authentication, and I did
not found yet how to give authentication code (username:password) while
calling any mehode of the webservice.

I did a temp trick around while waiting the *right* solution...

When authentication is not required , it works very well, and the
automatic introspection is transparently handled by simple or imbriqued
python types (sequences, etc. ...)