[ANN] logilab-common 0.13
sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Tue Jan 10 09:39:26 EST 2006
I'm pleased to announce the 0.13 new release of the logilab-common package.
This release provides some bug fixes and minor enhancements and api changes
which shouldn't break backward compatibility, so users are strongly
encouraged to update.
What's new ?
* testlib: ability to skip a test
- cleaner configuration file generation
- refactoring so that we can have more control on file
configuration loading using read_config_file and load_config_file
instead of load_file_configuration
* modutils: fix is_relative to return False when from_file is a file
located somewhere in sys.path
* compat: make set iterable and support more other set operations...
* removed the astng sub-package, since it's now self-distributed as
What is logilab-common ?
logilab-common is a collection of low-level Python packages and modules,
designed to ease:
* handling command line options and configuration files
* writing interactive command line tools
* manipulation files and character strings
* interfacing to OmniORB
* generating of SQL queries
* running unit tests
* manipulating tree structures
* accessing RDBMS (currently postgreSQL and mysql)
* generating text and HTML reports
LOGILAB provides services in the fields of XML techniques and advanced
computing (implementation of intelligent agents, knowledge management,
natural language processing, statistical analysis, data mining, etc.),
and also trainings on Python, XML, UML, Object Oriented design, design
patterns use and other cutting edge topics. To know more about
Logilab, visit http://www.logilab.com/.
Logilab is also a strong supporter of the Free Software movement, and an
active member of the Python and Debian communities. Logilab's open
source projects can be found on http://www.logilab.org/.
Enjoy, and happy new year!
Sylvain Thénault LOGILAB, Paris (France).
http://www.logilab.com http://www.logilab.fr http://www.logilab.org
More information about the Python-list