MySQLdb - Query/fetch don't return result when it *theorically* should

Alan Franzoni alan.franzoni.xyz at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 11:00:50 EST 2006

Bernard Lebel on comp.lang.python said:

> I'm absolutely flabbergasted.

As I told you, i think this is related to the isolation level - I really
think it's a feature of the DB you're using - this way, until you commit,
your database lies in in the very same state on the same connection.
Suppose you make one query, and then you make another one, and you then
decide, on these result, to take a certain action on your DB; in the
meantime (between Q1 and Q2) another user/program/thread/connection might
have done a different operation on the very same db, and so you would be
getting a Q1 results from a certain state in the DB, while Q2 from a
different state, thus misleading you to take an inopportune action.

committing the connection syncs the state you're looking at with the actual
DB state.

--
Alan Franzoni <alan.franzoni.xyz at gmail.com>
-