ZODB and Zope on one Linux machine, how?

Rene Pijlman reply.in.the.newsgroup at my.address.is.invalid
Thu Jan 26 06:22:27 EST 2006

Terry Hancock:
>Rene Pijlman:
>> Option 1:
>> Install ZODB in the Python installation in the usual way.
>> Should I expect problems when I install and run zope with
>> that Python installation?
>
>I think this should work, actually.
>
>ZODB is just like other databases in that each application
>is going to make its own database.  That is, there is a
>different top-level object. At least I think this is true.

The databases will be separate of course. But I'd expect namespace
conflicts with two ZODB's being installed when starting Zope (one in
Python's site-packages, one in Zope's lib/python).

ZODB's README says:
"This version of ZODB can be used with Zope 2.7.3 or later, but you must
replace the version of ZODB that comes packaged with Zope.  It should be
possible, for example, to install this code into a Zope 2.7 software
home."

But I'm not quite sure how that would work. Also, "should be possible"
leaves room for doubt :-)

--
René Pijlman

Wat wil jij worden?  http://www.carrieretijger.nl